Saturday, January 3, 2009

Maida / All-purpose flour LADOOO

Yesterday I was longing for Indian sweets which we don’t get here. Oh, I so miss them :( . I searched for maida ladoo[as I had only all purpose flour at home] & had seen my friend preparing ladoo’s from it. But internet was of no use. I still made it and it turned out good, at least it did satisfy my immediate craving for something sweet.

Here is how I made it:
Ingredients:
1 cup All Purpose Flour/Maida
½ cup Sugar Powered
½ cup Ghee (Clarified butter); You can even add more of it
2 crushed Cardamom
Dry fruits

Method:
- Roast the crushed dry fruits in ghee
- Add All- Purpose flour and fry it on medium flame for 5 mins
- Then Add powdered cardamom, sugar and ghee. Stir continuously till its slightly brown. You will be able to smell nice aroma.
- Once its golden brown, let it cool for few minutes
- Shape into ladoos

1 comment:

Jaclyn Rex said...

Neha, this is a great recipe. Thanks so much for sharing it. I just added chopped peanuts for roasted nuts and fruit part and it tasted amazing! Such a simple recipe but also good.