Sunday, March 29, 2009

Friends; in our lives

All of us have friends; in fact will have many friends. But on how many can you depend on? With how many of them can you be yourself? To how many can you call at midnight without thinking what time it is?

Always stayed with parents before wedding, I was never dependent on friends, so in no way had chance to know what its means to have a good friend or rather experiencing the saying ‘A friend in need is a friend indeed’. After wedding when I moved to a different state & then to a different country, I realized how exasperating can it get if u don’t have a good friend around.
I have lots of friends, but now I know what its feels like to have one good one, with whom you don’t have to weigh your words and most importantly to know that there is someone just around the corner.

As Fr. Jerome Cummings has said, A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway.

3 comments:

Something Marvellous said...

True friends are wonderful, and when times are tough, you get to know who your real friends are.

Small House said...

There are a lot of people I like, and a lot of people that like me. But...I only have a couple real good friends. I don't have "Hang" out girlfriends, or do anything special with my friends. We just know we are there for each other when needed. Sometimes it's just fine this way, and sometimes, it's lonely. Either way...it's what it is.

You're always making me think :)
Have a good day.
Sandra

munu said...

Totally agree friends are very part of life ... i have few very good sweet shameless hopeless friends (u know them) .. :)