Monday, April 13, 2009

LoST & FoUND

Saturday we had a dinner invite at two of our friends place, a birthday celebration and a get-together. It was fun and we had a a nice time till…………………………

I usually keep away from the last minute rush but this time my gift bag shopping was pending till the last moment and as a result I messed up. Got a gift bag from QFC and in turn left my cell phone there, which I didn’t realize up until mid-night, that is when we got back home, sleepy & exhausted.
Loosing a cell phone is not a big concern until you have critical info stored in it, which I had.

Anyway, I couldn’t sleep peacefully. I knew where I had left it, but then what are the chances of getting it back when you forget it at a store like QFC.
1st obvious thing to do next morning was to go to QFC & what a relief to find that they have kept it safely.

When we start believing that you can’t trust anyone and that there are few honest & earnest people around, things like this make you realize that people around us are much better than we think.

Lesson learnt; don’t store important info on the devices like cell phone. I am always careful with my cell and have not misplaced even one till now (I can say that as I got it back :)) but then you never know.

7 comments:

Small House said...

Wow..what a panick moment. Glad you got it back!! And could spend time with friends.

I'm wondering why the dad didn't get unlimited texting? Hmmmm... a mom with 3 teenagers, unlimited is the only way to go.
Have a great day!!
Sandra

munu said...

heights of carelessness ...

Something Marvellous said...

Oh my goodness, glad you got it back! Whenever I just leave my cell phone at home for a day, I feel so lost with it. Isn't that crazy?

Small House said...

I'll need your recipe with a twist!!

Have a great day!
Sandra

Vani said...

Thanks for your comment, Neha! Glad you liked the bhaji!

Good that you found your cell phone. My trouble with cell phones are different. Between the klutz-y me and my curious toddler daughter, we have managed to break a few of them! :)

wanderlust said...

good thought...
moreover, never measure everyone at the same level...

Neha said...

Cell phones are the part of our lives now, wether we mis-place them or break them, we will always have a new one within days. But what I have learnt from this experience is that never ever store your critical info in it :)