Friday, March 5, 2010

Holi in Seattle, WA

Holi is a festival of colors celebrated in India. This day is all about colors, colors, colors and more colors. You throw/apply/toss colors/water on anyone you feel like and have fun. People in India go crazy on this day.

Personally, I am not a big fan of holi and here is US, you don’t even feel celebratory during traditional festivals. But this year, a friend asked us if we would join them at Maple Valley temple to attend the celebration, well to be precise to eat charts ie, spicy, tangy, awesome Indian snacks.

To be honest, I didn’t had much hopes, but anyway we went & it turned out to be such a delight. It felt as if I was in India, loud music, people dancing like crazy, DJ speaking in Hindi..wow!! I had never-ever thought that I will enjoy seeing people soaked in colors. But I guess you start appreciating stuff when you don’t have it.

No comments: